Monday, April 12, 2010

Running



Good evening, beloveds! Well, today was my first day newly placing my feet firmly onto the road of my "mission." God's Grace and Love always awe me, no matter how many times I experience them. I adore how the promises He makes in His word are ALWAYS kept and how true to His personality He so faithfully remains. He is, especially to me, Daddy: the loving Father who each morning sends me off into the world prepared with His guidance, and nightly is there to dazzle me with stories of his greandeur, and kiss my day into forgetfulness as I fall innocently to sleep in His arms. The best things about dads are that their stories never get old no matter how many times they are told, especially the good ones! =) One of my absolute favorites is one of the Bible's most commonly repeated but one that I can safely say I have always found something new in no matter how many times I have read it. It has brought me comfort and inspiration so many times. It is the story of the Prodigal Son.

As I prayed this morning and felt His spirit come upon me, I had to shed a joyful tear of praise, as I was astounded once again at how quickly he welcomes us back to Him. His embrace was palpable, and I could sense the smile that spread across His Heavenly face, as I reached out to Him in all the newness that has been kindled inside of me of late. I immediately thought of the Prodigal Son. Now, although I had not willfully run away from Him this time, I felt Him run to me in welcome just the same. I picture myself as the young child at the beach with her father, floating aimlessly out amidst the waves, waking only to realize that I have drifted down the shore, hundreds of yards from my unsettled parent. I track my way back to Him, treading heat, sand, and the unecessarily rough journey that I set myself on, and He suddenly comes into my view (For, you see, I was never out of he scope of His). Then, there comes the scene of each of us running toward the other, ending in a thankful and loving fatherly embrace, throwing His arms around me and kissing me - all with the reciprication of a relieved and elated young child. I love and savor that image. I could seemingly exceed the reach of His protection, of His touch, but I could never and can never exceed the reach of His love.

When it comes to His children, He always wants us. He yearns for us every minute! Something I find incredible is that of all the anthropomorphisms in the Bible, this scence in the story of the Prodigal Son is the only instance in which He is described as running (Thank you, Beth Moore). WOW! Oh, how He loves us!!! I point that out, because that is exactly how I felt this morning. I woke up asking the Lord to set my feet upon a path today, and much like His sprint to embrace me, He didn't just set them upon the path, He set my feet RUNNING. He is and always will be exactly who He says He is. His forgiveness and love are instantaneous! PRAISE HIM! He truly heard and trusted in my desire to continue on into my destiny, and He reminded me today of all the passions He has set inside of me, of all of the strengths He has blessed me with.

I feel one of the greatest of these is the strong love I have for my dear students. I know my mission involves them. I look at them as He looks at me. I love each and every one of them. I see the purpose that resides within them. I know what they can and should be. I rejoice with their successes and mourn when I feel them slipping away. I am actually getting sad that this school year is drawing to a close, because I don't want to let go of this group. We have so much work yet to do. We have made such strides, and I have grown to love them all so much! I just pray that I have shown them enough of Christ's love that no matter how far away they go, they will never escape the tugging inside of them by that seed He and I spent so much time and effort cultivating within them all this year. May He make use of me in exponential amounts in these last remaining weeks when it comes to them.

I close tonight with that prayer lingering on my lips. I can't wait to see what He does tomorrow. He is so truly amazing! UNFAILING! Praise You, Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment